I had been writing posts for the past few months at LinkedIn on topics such as productivity and project management. I was getting positive feedback from some readers of my posts and I wanted to continue to write to share my stories.
I really wanted a space where I could just focus on the writing content.
- I didn't want to have to worry about technical tasks such as hosting, installing software, and coding.
- I also wanted to have a blog with a clean and elegant design. I am not in any way a designer of any sorts, but I do know that I wanted something that was highly presentable.
- I also wanted a blogging platform that had fast web page response times as well as support for mobile devices.
I took a look at various blogging platforms and web hosting solutions to see which one would meet my requirements. Ultimately, I decided to go with Squarespace for the following reasons.
- Their design templates are gorgeous. I chose a minimalistic template from their collection.
- Their platform has very fast website response times. I don’t want readers waiting an unacceptable time for my blog to load.
- It has a very simple and powerful interface. It makes it easy to quickly produce a site.
- In a plug and play fashion, one can easily set up all sorts of additions from an email subscribe form to photo galleries in seconds.
- They provide a lot of website metrics within the platform and they also provide a handy mobile app that provides just the metrics alone.
I am happy that I chose Squarespace and I look forward to continue my writing adventure on their platform